Expo Date: November 6, 2019
Call for Papers: Future Foods
Submit Your Paper
We are planning for another great Suppliers' Symposium and are looking for speakers.
Topic: Future Foods - What will we eat in 2030?
The foods we eat are always evolving and new tastes are being created. By 2030, will we be eating foods unlike anything we’ve experienced before?
How will future foods help us eat a nutritious diet? How will that be impacted by our genome and personalized nutrition?
How will technology impact our kitchens as well as what we eat?
- Nutrition: Future foods and nutrition - will our future food be more "natural"? Will they have fewer calories or help to regulate appetites?
- Flavors: What can we expect to see in future foods regarding flavors in order to eat a more nutritious diet?
- Regulatory: Potential future food regulatory challenges
- Agriculture: The impact of future foods on the food chain, technology, and data. How to work with food scientists?
- Communications: How to communicate with the consumer? How to avoid being labeled, "Franken Foods"?
- Sustainability: How can companies be more environmentally conscious in the future?
- Technology: How will the kitchen of the future impact how we cook and prepare our foods? What will be the impact of nanotechnology?
- Relevance of topic
- Alignment to theme
- Experience level of speaker
- Wide appeal of subject matter and speaker
- Technical (versus marketing)
- Presentation type
- Connection with Chicago Section IFT
We will have one panel (opening session), one keynote (closing session) and four technical sessions.
April 1-26: Call for Papers open
Submit Your Paper
May 17: Speakers confirmed
May 31: Speaker bio, picture, and paper summary due
October 23: Presentation due
November 6: Symposium 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM