CSIFT Moves to IFT Unified Membership
On July 12, 2013 the IFT Board of Directors passed a motion to unify IFT membership. The Chicago Section IFT is leading the way by implementing unified membership for our Section in September 2013. The IFT Steering Committee that made this recommendation and the IFT Board of Directors both had representation from the Chicago Section IFT.
We are working with IFT to ensure that the IFT brand is experienced at all levels and across all touch points of our organization. Whether your experience is at the global level or the local level here in the Chicago area, our goal is to deliver a globally consistent and locally relevant experience for our collective members.
Over the past two years IFT has worked with 17 sections and subsections to shape the resources, systems, and processes to better support all of our members at the local level. For more detailed information on the pilot program (which is the model for unified membership) please visit our website: http://www.ift.org/community/sections/section-pilot-program.aspx
What does this mean for you as a member of IFT but not yet a member of CSIFT?
- You will see the Chicago Section IFT as part of your IFT membership and will receive access to all of your IFT and Section member benefits at no charge for the first year. After the year, the $25.00 CSIFT membership fee will apply. See below for CSIFT membership benefit information.
- You will receive information about your new CSIFT benefits, you will receive the CSIFT newsletter, and invitations to attend events and become involved in CSIFT.
What does this mean for you as a member of CSIFT but not yet a member of IFT?
- You will receive a complimentary IFT membership and access to all of the IFT member benefits at no charge for one full year.
- You will then receive a one-time offer for IFT membership at the reduced first year cost of $99.00 plus the $25.00 CSIFT membership fee for the second year. In the third year, regular IFT and CSIFT membership rates will apply.
- You will receive information from IFT about your new IFT benefits, you will receive the IFT newsletter, and access to all of the IFT member benefits. Click here for IFT member benefit information and the ROI Statement on IFT membership.
What does this mean for you as a current member of both IFT and CSIFT?
- There will be no change to your membership status or benefits.
What does this mean for you as a Student Member?
- If you are currently a CSIFT student member, you will receive IFT membership for no charge for one year and then for the student subsidized rate of $50.00 plus $5.00 for CSIFT upon renewal.
What does this mean for you as an Emeritus Member?
- If you are currently an Emeritus member of CSIFT and not an IFT member, you will need to pay $25.00 to IFT to keep your membership status and receive IFT and CSIFT membership benefits.
- If you are currently an IFT Emeritus member there is no change to your membership status or benefits.
What does this mean if you are not a member of IFT or CSIFT as of September 1, 2013?
Membership to IFT is $190.00 and to CSIFT is $25.00 annually. Sign up today! Go to http://www.ift.org/Membership/Membership-Types/Member.aspx
What if my CSIFT membership is currently expired?
If your CSIFT membership expired between May 1 and September 31, please contact the Chicago Section Business Office at 630-916-4960 or BusinessOffice@ChicagoIFT.org to determine how to continue with your CSIFT membership and join IFT.
We invite conversation about these changes and encourage you to become involved in Chicago Section IFT!
Officers & Executive Committee
Chicago Section IFT
All of our members receive the same great membership benefits including the following:
- Members-Only LinkedIn: Networking & Job Postings
- Online Searchable Membership Directory
- Monthly Food Bytes Newsletter
- Save $10 on Dinner Meetings
- Online Access to Searchable Database for Suppliers' Night Exhibitors
>Download User Guide for Members-Only Website
>To become a member of IFT and CSIFT, click here
Become Involved in Chicago IFT - Membership Benefits
Chicago Section IFT provides many opportunities to become involved and to make a difference. Become a leader or mentor or serve on a committee! View CSIFT Leadership Opportunities.CSIFT Committee Listing Contact BusinessOffice@ChicagoIFT.org or all 630.916.4960 to find out more.
Dinner Meetings & Discussions
Monthly dinner meetings provide food science contacts and networking opportunities year round and close to home. a strong effort was made to implement speaker and topic requests from a recent CSIFT member survey. We are very excited about the upcoming meetings! Learn from speakers on a broad spectrum of food science topics. Dinner Meeting Schedule
Miss a meeting or searching for information on a particular topic? Search the CSIFT Knowledge Center for a Program of Interest! Login and click on Knowledge Center or Program.
Technical Breakfast Sessions
In addition to our monthly dinner meetings, attend the quarterly Technical Breakfast Sessions. Check out the Meetings & Events page for the schedule.
Food Bytes Newsletter with Archives
Each month the Chicago Section will send you our electronic Newsletter via your email address. Read about future meetings, the latest happenings in food science and job openings - just to name a few! You might even see people you know in some of the photos.
You can also view the newsletter archives. View current and past newsletters by logging in as a member and then clicking on members-only, Newsletter, and/or Knowledge Center.
Membership Directory and Members Handbook
All members receive a members-only password that allows them to access the online membership directory and members handbook. The membership directory is a great resource for networking, marketing or finding a past colleague you have lost touch with. It is a searchable database that allows you to search by name, company, zip code, etc.
A New Professional is anyone working in the food science industry 10 years or less. The New Professionals Committee plans social events around the downtown Chicago area as a fun way to network with like-minded peers and to reconnect with former class-mates and co-workers. Find out more!
Employment / Members-Only LinkedIn
Looking for a job or to post a job opening? Use our Members-Only LinkedIn group to do so. In addition, members can discuss topics of interest and ask questions of other members as well! Watch for a separate email welcome from the CSIFT Members-Only LinkedIn.
Annual Golf Outing
Our annual golf outing is an activity you won't want to miss! Join Chicago Section IFT members and friends, their customers, suppliers, and business partners for a fun day of golfing followed by dinner and prizes. The Golf Outing will be held at Cog Hill Golf and Country Club in Lemont, Illinois on Tuesday, August 19, 2014. Find out more!
Annual Suppliers' Night Expo
Find out what's new in food technology! The Chicago Section IFT hosts the largest Suppliers' Night in North America on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 and Wednesday, November 12, 2014..
Discover new products and services in the food industry, meet with over 500 food industry companies, and thousands of industry professionals.
Search for a supplier by product or service. Login to the members only site and click on Suppliers' Night Search. Find out more about this year's Suppliers' Night - go to Suppliers' Night.